Rush Moore LLP A Limited Liability Law Partnership was founded in 1946 by three accomplished attorneys – M.B. “Kellly” Henshaw, Hal Conroy, and Don Hamilton – who believed that clients deserve stellar service and remarkable legal guidance. They set out to create a different kind of law firm, one where clients could be assured and proud of the personal attention they received. The goal was to create an environment of trust and mutual respect, with legal results that impacted each client’s life in a positive way.
M.B. “Kelly” Henshaw was originally admitted to practice law in Hawaii on November 10, 1916. He worked for Bishop Trust Company for several years and was in private practice before and after that association. In 1946, he hired two young lawyers, Harold W. Conroy and Donald C. Hamilton. The firm first practiced under the name of Law Offices of M.B. Henshaw. When Mr. Conroy and Mr. Hamilton became partners in 1953, the firm’s name changed to Henshaw, Conroy & Hamilton. Mr. Henshaw passed away in 1970. In 1972, the firm became known as Conroy, Hamilton, Gibson, Nickelsen & Rush, to add the names of partners, Frank D. Gibson, Jr., Harold W. Nickelsen and Dwight M. Rush. Hal Conroy retired in 1976 and the firm’s name changed to Hamilton, Gibson, Nickelsen, Rush & Moore to reflect Willson C. Moore, Jr. as a named partner of the firm.
Rush Moore became the starting names of the law firm in 1985. While the names of other partners followed Rush Moore, the firm was popularly known in Hawaii as just Rush Moore. The firm’s offices on the Island of Hawaii were added in 2000. The firm changed to current’s name in 2005 and celebrated its 65th birthday on March 15, 2011.
Many of the firm’s attorneys have been with the firm since the 1970s and 1980s. The firm’s attorneys reflect a mix of people who were born and raised in Hawaii and those who relocated to Hawaii from the mainland. Our attorneys have graduated from numerous law schools throughout the country.
Although the firm name and its practicing attorneys have changed over the years, the firm’s ambitious philosophy of service and unwavering dedication to its clients has remained steadfast throughout the years.